The week before school got out, I ran by Target to pick up a little something for Steve for when we found out we were pregnant. I picked up a few onesies and a bib, gift bag, and a Father's Day card. Nice timing for a good card since all the "congrats on your new baby" cards were not quite suited for my hubby. A few days later, I started cramping, so I assumed I wouldn't need the gifts this month and hid them under the bed in the spare room. i was a little bummed, but at least I had it all ready for whenever I needed it.
Fast forward a week. I was still late, so I bought a box of pregnancy tests since we were going canoeing that weekend. I got up Friday at about 6:00 and took a pregnancy test. Immediately, the test line popped up dark, and then the control line faded in.
I was completely NOT expecting that! I ran into the spare bedroom, got the stuff out from under the bed, stuffed the onesies in the bag, stuck the card in, and tossed the test in on top. Poor Steve was still sleeping, but I opened the door, flipped on the light, and plopped the bag on his night stand. He looked up at me sleepily and then at the bag and then back to the grin on my face. I'm sure he had it figured out before he even looked inside. :-)
Since I was bouncing off the walls, we went for a walk before he left for work. After he left, I called the Women's Clinic to see about setting up an appointment. They got me in that afternoon, and surprise, I was pregnant!
To be continued...



No comments:
Post a Comment