Friday, December 2, 2011

Trey's New Ride

I didn't even notice until I took this picture that we kept the same color scheme.  Steve picked out both. :-)
After much angst (ok, maybe just quite a bit of internet searching and investigating), we finally decided on a new carseat for Trey.  The weight limit on his infant seat is 35 pounds, which seemed really helpful when we picked it out, but we have since realized that:
  1. there's no way I can pack him around in that thing much longer without injuring myself
  2.  he will be way too tall for the seat far before he reaches the weight limit.
After looking at our options, we finally decided on the Safety 1st Air Protect.  We really like the static air bags that cushion the sides of Trey's head in the event of a side-impact crash.  The odds of us being in a car accident are slim, but they will help prevent head trauma, which is definitely a good thing!  The seat was a little more expensive than some of the others we looked at, but we decided that this was one thing that was worth spending a little more money.  Plus, the air cushions will kind of act like pillows when he falls asleep. :-)




I'm waiting for him to wake up from his nap so that I can stick him in it and get everything adjusted correctly, but when we tried it out in the living room last night, he loved it!  I buckled him in, and he cut his eyes over at the air cushions and reached up to hit and poke them.  Even after I unfastened him and reached to pick him up, he didn't want me to pick him up.  He sat there chewing on his toothbrush for several more minutes before he finally climbed on out.  Obviously we haven't used it in the car yet, but the seat is incredibly cushy and comfy looking on top of making Steve and me feel better about Trey's safety in the car.  It seems impossible that it's already time to switch him over to the convertible carseat, but we're excited to try out his new ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment