The last few days, he has seriously been eating like a teenage boy. Yesterday, he ate the following:
- a huge serving of oatmeal
- a mini sausage biscuit
- half of a fruit pouch
- a small bowl of beef stew
- almost an entire egg roll
- shells with cheese and broccoli
- two apple slices with a bit of peanut butter
- a big serving of beef stew
- half a slice of bread
This morning, I scrambled three eggs for us to share. I let him eat first, and by the time he was done, there was less than half of an egg left for me! I got a bowl of Raisin Bran, so Trey wanted cereal, too. Before his nap, I heated up a small bowl of shells and cheese with broccoli (he typically naps from 11-1:30ish, so we have a late lunch). He ate almost all of it and shook his head when I tried to offer him another bite. The kids on Sesame Street happened to eat a banana at that exact moment, so he started asking, "muh, muh, muh!" Thankfully we have bananas, and the boy ate over half a banana. His eating tapered off a little through the rest of the day, but it's because I don't think there's enough room left for anything else in there! I have a feeling I'll be changing a lot of diapers tomorrow!
Words he's been using a lot lately:
- muh, muh, muh, muh... (Anytime he wants a drink or a bite, he says more over and over and over)
- wahwah (water)
- noonels (noodles)
- mah-mow (lawn mower)
- pooooooow (whispers it. gun sound from when the guys were skeet shooting last weekend)
- bah bah (baby)
The first word out of his mouth almost every morning is "da." I love hearing him say "mama" and "dada."
When he wakes up in the morning, I almost always know he's awake because I can hear him talking to himself over the monitor. Before I open his door, I ask, "Are you awake in there?" and he replies, "yeah!"
He has started spitting his drinks back out once in a while. After lunch one day last week, he spit out a mouthful of milk right before I took him out of his high chair. I thought I would give him a chance, so I made him look me in the eyes and told him that if he spit his milk out again, he would get a swat. As soon as he got down, he took a drink and spit it out all over the floor. I took his milk away and gave him a swat, making him pretty irritated at me. After I put the milk in the kitchen, I came back in and asked him, "Do you like getting swats, or does it make you sad?" The first part of that sentence, he gave me a huge cheesy grin, but when I said "sad," he started fake crying. We're obviously not ready for that conversation yet. :-) Thankfully he seems to be past the spitting out phase again for now.
Recent conversation:
Me: We're going to Grammy's house tomorrow.
Trey: Starts jabbering and scratching/poking at his head with his finger.
Me: Yeah, did the kitty scratch your head?
Trey: More jabbering, poking, and fake crying.
Me: What do we tell the kitty?
Trey: No no!
(The cat scratched his head about a month ago. No memory problems here!)His new favorite toy is a dart gun that Joey gave him. He now says "guh" and "buh" for gun and bullet (proud Republican daddy, hehe). Yesterday, Steve stuck the dart between Trey's toes. This morning, Trey came over to me holding his dart and whining. I assumed it was because he couldn't find the gun, but when he threw his foot up on the couch, I realized he was wanting me to put the dart between his toes. I complied, and he grinned and ran off to his car rug and happily played with his Matchbox cars with his dart between his toes. Weirdo.
He likes to put on his stocking cap but wears it barely set on top of his head.
| Hugging his glow worm. Melt my heart! |
When we drove to Neosho to see baby Anabelle last week, Trey was playing hide and seek with me. He would squeeze his eyes shut, and I would say, "Where did you go, Trey?!" and he would open his eyes and say, "Boo!" Too funny!
We bought him a rug at Lowe's the other day with roads on it and a 10 pack of Matchbox cars. Best investment ever! He has spent hours playing with those things!
He loves playing in front of the mirror. He makes his silly face and then laughs at himself. A-dorable!
He climbs in and out of his high chair when we ask if he's hungry.
He likes to sing.
He likes to push his castle slide around the living room and has learned how to tip it over. We'll be working on getting him NOT to tip it over.
We have started using the sippy cups with the lip on the sides with the holes, more like a real cup. And they haven't been leaking! Yay!
He climbs on absolutely everything. His new favorite is the changing table. Today, I was putting away laundry in my room and walked into his room to check on him. He was up on the changing table with his back to the door, so I cleared my throat. When he realized I was there, he laid down and pretended to snore. Really?!?!


No comments:
Post a Comment