Poor Gabe is already suffering from the dreaded second child syndrome. Thankfully I snap plenty of pictures of him with my phone, but I realized the other day I did weekly updates after Trey was born. There is just no time for that! I have Mommy guilt for too many other things though, so I'm just letting this one go. :-)
Gabe hasn't been weighed since his one week checkup, so I'm not sure about weight/length. We have our six week check with Lucy next Thursday though, so maybe we can find out his stats then. We have already moved up to size 1 diapers and packed away the newborn clothes though. :-( I'm really hoping to get him into cloth diapers soon.
I've enjoyed seeing the differences in our boys' personalities as we've settled in with Gabe. Trey really wasn't very fussy at all, but Gabe? Oh, Gabe. When he decides he is hungry, there's about two seconds before he's shrieking. Like all out shrieking. He's fallen asleep on his own a couple of times but generally needs help getting himself to sleep. He's still little enough that I'm perfectly fine with that, and thankfully he likes the wrap a lot. If I just don't have the time to bounce him around to sleep, I stick him in the wrap, and we're good to go. We've gotten quite a few good trips to the park in that way, too. We did discover yesterday that he really likes the bouncy seat. He doesn't seem to be a big fan of the swing (neither was Trey), but replacement batteries for the bouncy seat are on my shopping list because he will take an entire nap in it. It's been a really nice chance to spend one on one time with Trey or get some housework done.
The little man eats a lot. All. The. Time. I'm discovering that there's quite a bit I can do while nursing a baby. I think the longest he's gone between nursing is five hours one night last week. For the last week or two, he's had quite a few times when we nurse every hour. Thankfully at night I get at least a few hours between. Unfortunately, I keep forgetting to buy some Mylicon because after his 2 am-ish feeding, he gets really squirmy and gassy, so we usually spend the rest of the night on the couch. I hate to bother Steve and Trey, but I will be glad when I'm back to spending every night back in my own bed! Between trying to get comfortable on the couch and Gabe waking up frequently, I don't get much good sleep after that feeding. I still try to grab a nap now and then if the boys sleep at the same time, but that hasn't been super successful lately.
Gabe's reminding me (as he snoozes in the bouncy seat) to add that he is an incredibly noisy child. :-) Sleeping or awake, he is grunting, squeaking, sighing, etc. It's pretty cute. Sometimes when I'm trying to fall asleep, I can't help but giggle at all the noise he makes.
Trey is doing an awesome job as a big brother. I'm not surprised though. He takes everything in stride. He doesn't seem too interested in Gabe most of the time, but he's nice enough. Unless we use one of his blankies for Gabe. That's a no no. :-) I've tried to spend as much time with Trey as possible, but with Gabe being a bit fussy, it's been kind of hard. We did get to spend an hour and a half playing together while Gabe and Steve napped after church yesterday, and I really enjoyed that. And I do have to add that the boy is one of the toughest kids I know. I accidentally shut his right pinkie in the back door on Friday, and other than crying when it happened, he has not shed a tear about it. It's looking better, but the doctor said it might be fractured at the end of the finger, and there might be some permanent damage to the nail. We'll just have to see. It's still on there, and he seriously doesn't seem very bothered by it other than if he gets too rough. He's an amazing boy. :-) Other than Trey being a little challenging in the discipline department, I am loving this age. He is so so smart and learns very quickly. We've tried out markers and water colors lately, and I'm trying to actually put some of my Pinterest pins to use and do some activities with him.
| Taking pictures of a two year old...he doesn't make it easy! |
We've got plans to spend time with Melinda and Regina and their kids and to go to the zoo with Mom and Joey in the next week, so hopefully I'll be better about writing about what we're up to!


No comments:
Post a Comment