Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Catching up

So much for keeping up with my weekly updates.  I thought I'd get all caught up, and then I'll do my 29 week update at the end.  I've been doing ok at making sure to get a picture each week, but when I have Steve do it, it's quite the entertaining experience.  Case in point:


My first shower was on the 13th and was a really neat experience.  I don't know if I've ever felt so blessed.  To know that everyone there was there for the sole reason of blessing our family was amazing.  Regina was the hostess and did an incredible job with everything.  She did a bird theme that turned out really cute, and she actually gave me some of the decorations to use in Trey's room.

Our 3D/4D ultrasound was on the 18th.  Our little Bean was not the most cooperative guy!  When we started, he had his arm draped in front of his face, so it was hard to get a good shot of him.

When the tech finally got him to move his arm, the little toot stuck his foot up there!
Trey's been doing a lot less of the light kicking I felt for so long.  As things are getting tighter in there, it's turning more into elbows and feet and hiney getting poked out to various places.  When he does kick, it almost feels like it could throw me off balance!  I told Steve last night that I wish there was a way to remember or document how that feels.  Something I could pull out to remind myself later.  I love it.

Here's my update for last week.

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 29 weeks

Size of baby: Size of a squash. Around 15 inches long and 2.5 - 3 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Yes!  And my hips don't seem to be fitting into them as well lately!  What's up with that?! :-)

Gender: BOY! 

Movement: Lots of squirming and fidgiting, but he still goes several days at a time when he's really quiet.

What I miss: Feeling him move on his sleepy days. :-) I can't say I really miss much of anything pre-pregnancy.

Sleep: Getting up about once between 2 and 3 to go to the bathroom.  Lately I've been waking up during the 4 o'clock hour and not being able to go back to sleep.

Symptoms: Starting to have some lower back soreness, heartburn

Cravings: Nothing lately.  Having some aversions due to the heartburn.

Best moment this week: Getting to watch other people feel Trey move. :-)

What I am looking forward to: getting the 3 hour glucose test over and done with!  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment