Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One Week Birthday!

It's hard to believe that our sweetie is already a week old today!  We seem to have settled into a pretty good schedule as we are figuring each other out.  I'm healing up, which helps, and I think we've made some steps forward with nursing.  I had a rough evening on Monday because of the pain and nursing, but the next day was much better.  It helps knowing that the pain and difficulties nursing are just temporary.  I know we'll get it figured out. :-)

Trey has a pretty regular schedule going.  He eats a lot more frequently at night and has longer naps through the day.  Usually, he wakes up having peed all over himself, and by the time I've finished changing his diaper and clothes, he's ready to eat.  He generally falls asleep again while he's nursing, and we go back through the sleep, pee, change, eat routine.  The last few days, he's started staying awake for a bit after he eats sometimes.  He's also gotten much more impatient with me when we start nursing.  I don't know if he's having a growth spurt, or if I'm just irritating him by making him latch on several times until he's on right, but either way, he has had a few times of screaming at me.  It's kind of funny coming out of my laid back guy!

Yesterday was our first day at home by ourselves, and I tried to grab naps while he was sleeping.  I think I got an extra hour and a half or so total, and I really think it helped!  We also slept a little better last night, but he slept on me on the couch.  He seems to sleep better there than if I put him in the napper.  There will be plenty of time to get him sleeping in the napper later, so I'm enjoying the chance to cuddle with him while I can.  His evenings are daddy time since his daddy has been back at work this week.  They get their cuddle time in on the couch after dinner. :-)

Here are some pics from his first week.










No comments:

Post a Comment