Thankfully I am officially a stay at home mom now, so I can enjoy these days to the fullest! Here's our monthly picture and stats from his well baby checkup yesterday:
Height - 25 inches
Weight - 15 pounds 5 ounces
His appointment went really well and was our first one at Gentry Medical Center. We just saw the nurse practitioner this time since we were a little late scheduling. Trey really liked the first nurse who came in to weigh and measure him but wasn't too fond of the nurse practitioner! He seems to have a little bit of "stranger danger" going on lately, and when she started to check his ears, he stuck out his bottom lip and started wailing. She had me hold him while she listened to his lungs and tummy, and when I laid him back down for the rest of the checkup, he did a little better. The first nurse came back in to give him his vaccines (one oral and one shot) and brought him a little rubber ducky toy. He took the oral vaccine without much complaint and did not shed a tear with the shot! We really liked her a lot!
Everything looks good for our little guy. He does have a nodule on the back of his head behind his right ear that he's had for a few months. At each appointment, they've said it's just an enlarged lymph node and isn't anything to worry about unless it starts getting larger or painful. Apparently infants' lymph nodes can take a lot of time to go down. It doesn't seem to bother him, so we'll just keep an eye on it. It might be a hair bigger than it was but that might just be in MY head. :-)
I'm hoping to start blogging more often now that I'm home. I'm not sure things will be that exciting, but at least it will be a good way to remember how Trey is growing. We'll play catch up here for a few minutes.
- Teeth. There's at least one coming in because this kid chews on EVERYTHING. We've been using teething tablets and acetaminophen to help relieve some of his discomfort. It's resulted in some pretty humorous growling as he clenches his poor gums together.
- Sleep. Naps through the day vary but he takes at least one long one and several short ones. Since I stopped working, he wakes up at about 4 am to eat and sleeps until 6:30 or 7:00 when he wakes up to poop. He'll appreciate that documentation some day.
- He's into peek a boo or something all of a sudden. He takes his Aden + Anais blankets and pulls them over his face. Sometimes he hangs on so he can get it back off. Other times he lays there with the blanket stuck on his face. He doesn't cry though, he just starts breathing really fast.
- He's learned how to spit in the last few days. That's fun. :-)
- He rolled from his tummy to his back on the morning of June 5th. He's not done it much since then, but he has been trying to get from his back to his belly and gets pretty frustrated when he can't.
- He's been grabbing his feet when he sits in his Bumbo. He doesn't sit up much but I think it's because he's too interested in what's in front of him. He CAN sit up, he's just sort of stubborn. :-)
- He seems to be growing fonder of his swing and falls asleep in it sometimes.
- He's learned how to splash his feet in the bathtub and likes to suck the water out of his washcloth. :-)
- When Steve and I get close to talk to Trey, he likes to touch our faces. He seems particularly fond of Steve's facial hair.
I'm sure there's more than I can't think of at the moment, but I'll try to do better about writing every few days.





No comments:
Post a Comment