Monday, June 27, 2011

This 'n that

I think we're getting settled into our day to day life...not too exciting, but I'm loving it!  It's amazing how much Trey is changing from day to day, and I'm glad I get to stay at home to watch it.  I may do the "Day in the Life of" thing for a few days here so that I remember what it's like.  We do stay home a lot and I enjoy it, but we've also been able to do some visiting.
Last week, Linda kept Trey for me while I got my teeth cleaned.  They had a good time together, even though it wasn't for too long.  We're always welcome to visitors, so I'm sure they'll get to spend more time together now that I'm home with him.  Mom was sick this week, so we didn't get to spend time with them, but we did make it up to Neosho to visit with the Hayes and Babb families. I'm hoping we can see each other every other week or so.  It would be neat if our kids could grow up close like we did. :-)  I think this week, we're hanging out at Mom's tomorrow after a chiropractor appointment and then going up to Springfield with them on Thursday (the Beckers asked if Trey and I would come, but I know they just want to see him.) :-)  This weekend is the 4th, so family reunion on Saturday and fireworks with Steve's family somewhere in there.  Should be fun!

Trey's had a really good week and has started "standing" and scooting.  I think he'll be ready to play in a jumperoo or exersaucer pretty soon.  He seems to get frustrated being stuck on the floor and is really close to being able to roll from his back to his tummy.  If he is on his tummy, he can scoot forward several inches and can get himself turned a full 180 degrees.

He's started talking really funny the last few days...keeps his mouth closed and looks like a little old man.  He also seems to have found his voice.  It's loud. :-)

He still sleeps in our room and I'm having a really hard time with transitioning him to his room.  As in, haven't done it.  I think we will in the next week or two because I'm sure it won't get any easier!  I am considering blackout curtains though...if anyone read my blog, I would ask what you think about them, but no one does, so it would be like asking myself!

And because pictures make the post better:




Oh, and Steve and I celebrated our 4th annivesary and managed to get nary a picture.  Bad bad bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment