Saturday, July 2, 2011

Boo Bear

The boy officially has a nickname that's stuck. :-)  I guess he probably won't appreciate being called "Boo" or "Boo Bear" once he's a little bigger, but for now, I think it's pretty sweet.  Following in family tradition, I have even come up with his nickname song.  Mine isn't quite as original as "Emily the Bimblebug," "Ray Dean the Squirrely Bird," or "Little Lydie Largent," as I used the melody from an already existing song, but I'm working with my own skill set. :-)

You are my Boo Bear,
My only Boo Bear.
I think you're silly
And pretty cute.
You'll never know Boo
How much I love you,
Even if you're being a toot!





















We've been working on other verses but haven't come up with anything official yet.

Right now he's napping in the pack 'n play in the hallway.  Between the person weedeating outside our bedroom window and the light, the hallway seemed the best place to get him to stay asleep long enough for me to get ready for the family reunion this afternoon and get a little bit of housework done before we leave.  Talking to Mom about whether pre-made black out curtains or making our own will be cheaper is on the conversation docket for this afternoon.

I've got a few topics bouncing around in my head for new posts, so I'll try to get to those soon.  We've got a busy day of family and friends though, so it will have to wait!

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture!!!
    Ya'll need to let us take your pics :)
    Do you not use "The Welches" blog anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought some of the pre-made blackout curtains a few months ago. They worked out really well and they were not that expensive. I think they were about $15 each set at walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mind! We would love to have you all take our pics! What would work best for when/where? Oh, and I did some revamping on the blog a while back, so this is where we are now. :-)

    Thanks for the tip, Maranda! I'll hav to look into that this week!

    ReplyDelete