Monday, July 18, 2011
Five Months!
One month away from the big halfway mark! It seems like Trey has learned and changed so much in the last month, and I'm glad I get to be at home to see it all! The poor guy got the other half of his 4 month shots and was a little out of sorts this afternoon, so I waited until he was in bed to write.
It seems like the last month has flown by. If I were teaching this year, I'd be over halfway through my summer vacation. I'm certainly glad that's not the case! Sometimes I wonder if I was crazy to quit my job, but I cannot imagine having to go back to work and leave my little guy, knowing that I could be staying at home!
This month's stats:
Weight: 16 pounds, 9 ounces
Length: to be determined (aka: I'll measure him tomorrow)
Boo, you're five months old!
You're wearing 3-6 month clothes and size 3 diapers.
This month has brought a need for frequent vacuuming because you're becoming mobile! You went over a month without rolling over after the first time but last Sunday, all of a sudden, you started rolling over. I think you did it 4 or 5 times in a row. You still can't get from your back to your tummy, but once you want to, I'm sure it won't be a problem!
You started scooting and pulling yourself forward a while ago, but in the last couple of days, you have learned how to get yourself up on your hands and knees and flop yourself forward. Sometimes you accidentally send yourelf backwards, but most of the times, you're good at propelling yourself forward! You have also perfected turning, so you can get yourself pretty much wherever you want within reason. Callie discovered it's dangerous to lay close to you and lost her first handful of fur today. Unfortunately for her, you've noticed her and try to catch her if she plants herself in one place for too long!
You've gotten yourself on a really good schedule. You wake up between 7:00 and 7:30 and hang out in our bed while Daddy gets ready for work. You usually eat and are back asleep by 8:30 and sleep for an hour or so. You take another hour long nap in the morning and then usually take either one 2-3 hour nap or two shorter naps in the afternoon. Bath time is at 7:00, and then we play and read in your room for a while and you eat and are alseep by 8:00. The blackout curtains seem to help during the afternoon and evenings, and they're pretty cute!
You seem to be done (for now at least) with your yelling stage and actually sound like you're trying to sing sometimes.
Your hungry/tired cry sounds like a whining puppy.
You eat every 3-4 hours. You are still waking up between 3 and 4 in the morning to eat. I'm sure it will phase out soon, but I don't entirely mind the extra snuggle time. :-)
When your daddy walks in the door, you are all smiles.
You love to grab our faces. Noses. Hair. Anything, really.
You are ticklish all of a sudden. Your neck, tummy, feet, and hips get the most giggles. :-)
Now that you can scoot, you definitely prefer to be on your tummy.
We're still working on sitting. You lean forward to inspect your toes a lot, so I have to find things to distract you with so that you'll look up and work out those sitting up muscles! I think we're borrowing a Jumperoo and Exersaucer from Mommy's friend Kari later this week, so it will be fun to see how you like those!
You still try to talk with you mouth closed, and when the air finally escapes, it sounds like you're saying, "boof."
Your favorite books are Little Quack's Opposites and Moo, Baa, La La La. I think you like Moo, Baa, La La La better when I just quote it to you without the book! You grin the biggest at the singing pigs and kitty sounds. :-)
Between crawling and introducing solids, the next few months will be a lot of fun, I'm sure! Love my Boo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment