Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas with the Welches

**I'm having trouble uploading pictures, so I will just add them later.**

Here's our holiday catch up!

Our celebrations started on the evening of the 22nd.  The Price kiddos came over to spend the night before our get together with Steve's family on Friday.  We made s'mores and let the kiddos open their presents that evening and enjoyed playing the games together after Trey went to bed.  We discovered that Hattie is a pretty good mancala player, and Zeke loved his Angry Birds game.  Steve, Ash, Chloe, and I battled each other in a few rounds of Dutch Blitz, and I must say the girls were quick learners!

Friday morning, we headed off to the kitchen and started our Christmas baking.  While Ash made the bags for our goodies, Chloe, Hattie, and I made some puppy chow.  Then we tried our hand at these melting snowman cookies.  We definitely weren't professionals, and I'm sure there was enough sugar on each cookie to put Goliath in a sugar coma, but at least we had fun!

We headed over to the Price home that evening and had a yummy meal and exchanged more gifts.  Trey had eaten table food for the first time the week before at the Christmas dinner we had at my grandparents' house, and he was pretty excited to have some more mashed potatoes and stuffing!  Trey got a Hogs shirt, a snowman pillow pet, and a talking/singing puppy.  Steve and I got a picture frame, a jacket (Steve), and a baking stone (me).  I've already gotten plenty of use out of the baking stone!

After hanging out for a while, Trey and I came on home to put him to bed, and Steve stuck around for a bit of a work meeting and caught a ride home later.  Definitely an enjoyable evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment