I looked through the pictures from Trey's first few days with us, and it's funny the things I remember. Enjoying a week at home with my boys. The snuggles in the living room. Watching my hubby snuggle with our bitty baby boy. Sleeping with Trey on the couch. The smell of Germ-X (ha!). Being up in the middle of the night to nurse while I watched Cake Boss and ate granola bars from the basket Steve so lovingly kept filled. :-) The little canvas baskets where we tried to keep everything orgnized nice and handy in the living room.
It's making me teary sitting here thinking about it all because even though I love watching Trey grow and learn, at the same time, I wish I could just pause time. I miss those snuggle baby days with that tiny little baby in the footie jammies.
But I also love that now we get drooly baby kisses, that we get to listen to his belly laughs, that we get to see that toothy little grin, that Trey waves bye bye to Daddy in the mornings, that he eats Crunchies like an addict, that he runs to greet Steve when he walks in the door, that he tackles me with books that we'll read ten times in a row before I finally distract him with something else besides Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother, Too? Every stage has been sweet and hard to let go, but the next one has always been incredible in its own way.
So since I won't be awake (I hope!) to mark the exact time, here is to the moment at 3:06 a.m. on February 16, 2011, when the sweetest baby boy in the world arrived. :-) We love you, baby!





No comments:
Post a Comment