Friday, September 21, 2012

Going to the zzzzzzzzah!

We worked for days on the word "zoo," and after lots of "zzzzzzzzz"ing, Trey finally got to "zah." Close enough! :-) Tuesday, Mom and Joey picked us up, and we headed to Tulsa. We started off with a ride on the carousel, which was such a hit, that's what we did right before we left too! Trey really enjoyed running around and looking at the animals but honestly seemed just as enthralled by chain link fences, bugs, and holes in the sidewalk. :-)





Our one funny was after we had walked down in the grass to get closer to the rhinos. Mom went back up the hill to stop by the bathroom, and Joey had run on ahead of me and Trey. I steered the stroller toward a little gravel path, but as soon as I ramped over the railroad ties, I realized we weren't going anywhere in the gravel.  About that time, I noticed four geese that had turned toward us, so I pointed them out to Trey.  My brain was kind of processing everything at the same time, and I realized the geese didn't look too friendly, so I quickly tried to get us back out on the grass where we could escape the hissing creatures.  About this time, Trey decides to toss one of his Cheetos Puffs toward the geese, so they came barrelling toward us.  There wasn't much to do at that point except laugh and hope that the snack distracted the geese long enough for us to get away.  Trey was NOT helping our escape, that's for sure!

We definitely enjoyed our visit to the zoo and hope to go back soon.  It still seems crazy to me that my little fella is big enough to ride the carousel and run around looking at the animals, but I love seeing him experience new things. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment