Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It's a ..............

Last Saturday was our big party to share if our Bean is a boy or a girl.  Steve and I ran to Fayetteville that morning to pick up our cake and we very pleased with how it turned out!


We got back home right before everyone else arrived (my parents and grandparents actually beat us).  There was a bit of debate about whether we should eat first or have dessert first.  The cake won. :-)  Steve did the honors and cut into the cake, revealing the color..........

BLUE!!!!

Our little Bean is a boy!  His name is Steven James Welch III, but we will call him Trey.  There were a few surprised faces, but of course, everyone was very excited.  I think Joey was relieved that he'll be getting a new nephew!

We spent the rest of the afternoon eating a lot of yummy barbecue and visiting.  Thank you to all the family and friends who came by to help celebrate our special day!

The Monday after, I took my kids blue cupcakes to share the news with them.  I had a bit of a communication break down with the Walmart bakery though in the color of the frosting.  I explained that I wanted cupcakes with blue frosting because we had just found out our baby is a boy.  In my head, I'm picturing baby blue, but the lady didn't ask, and I didn't specify.  When I picked them up Sunday evening, WOW!  They were blue!  After the kids ate them, their mouths were stained blue, so of course, I had to snap a quick picture. :-) 

Since then, I've gotten a variety of books and a very lovely diaper cake from my students.  They are so sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment