Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy half birthday, Boo!

Wow.  It's hard to believe how quickly the last six months have flown by, but at the same time, it's hard to remember that teeny little baby we brought home.  We've gone from an adorable little baby who spent his days snuggled up sleeping to our chubby little man who is always on the move!  We go for his six month checkup tomorrow, so I'll have his stats then.

You're six months old, Boo!


*Edit*
Back from the doctor with the stats for this month:
Height: 28 inches (95th percentile)
Weight: 17 pounds, 12 ounces (50th percentile)

For all your chub, you're pretty long and lean! :-)

You're still in size 3 diapers and wear some 3-6 month clothes and some 6-9 month clothes.

The biggest change this month is your mobility.  Little Man, you are on the go!  As soon as I lay you in the floor, you pop over onto your tummy and take off.  I have officially learned that I can't assume you'll even be in the same room if I step out for a minute.  I was doing laundry a few days ago, and when I turned around, you were almost into the kitchen!  Thankfully, Aunt Regina gave us a few baby gates, so we can at least keep you away from the litterbox for now!  We did have to put in outlet covers and move the things off the bottom shelf of the TV cabinet.  For some reason, you came instilled with a desire to play NOT with your soft, colorful toys but electrical cords, cat toys, and any miniscule particle you can find on the carpet.

I have to be really fast on diaper changes or you try to roll over and run away naked.  Tonight when I was putting trying to put on your jammie pants, you were simultaneously kicking both legs, trying to eat your pants, and rolling over.  You don't make it easy to get you dressed!


This month, you got your first taste of food!  You have had sweet potatoes, pears, rice, and applesauce.  Guess we will do a few more veggies next!  You weren't too sure about the sweet potatoes at first but really seem to enjoy them now.  Applesauce got a big thumbs up today, yum!  And of course, what fun would solid food be without some spitting, kicking the spoon out of Mommy's hand, and grabbing the spoon to stuff it into your mouth?  Finding you a place to sit was like poor Goldilocks at the Bears' cottage.  Exersaucer - too much room to move.  Bumbo - too slouchy.  Bouncy seat - just right....if I tip it back so you can't try to crawl out. :-)

If we look at you and wiggle our eyebrows up and down, you think it's hilarious.

You really like playing in the Exersaucer (Not so much the Jumperoo yet.  It makes you cry.)  The last few days, you take your toys and throw them over the side and then lean over to look at them in the floor.  It took me about ten times of thinking you were just accidentally dropping it/knocking it off in the floor before I realized it was intentional. :-)  You also enjoy leaning over to look at the little mirror and talk really loudly to the baby you see there.  I'm sure it's because he's so adorable!

You really like playing with water bottles and the baby wipe containers (the crinkly plastic disposable ones).

If there's a tag on something, you will spend forever pinching at it with your fingers.

You get really focused on things and wrinkle up your forehead and eyebrows.

Bath time gets everybody and everything wet.  You still like to kick your legs.

You fell asleep on your own for the first time last week.  I usually still rock you while you nurse at about 8:00, but the other day, you were wide awake after you ate, so I kissed your little head, said "I love you," and put you down in your crib.  You talked very loudly to yourself for about thirty minutes and then rolled over on your tummy and went to sleep.  Although it's good to know you can do it, it made me kind of sad!



Speaking of you and your loud voice, you are very vocal sometimes.  It sounds kind of like you're just yelling, "Blah, blah, blah!"  You also have a really high pitched squeally voice you use sometimes.

You like the nightlight in the hallway and try to reach up and grab it.

We've ventured into the realm of "play dates" and they're a lot louder and chaotic than I realized, but it sure is fun!  We get together with Melinda, Regina, Autumn, and Jeremiah a few times a month, and we also had a fun time visiting with Lisa and Kari and their kids a few weeks ago.  Someday you'll be big enough to play instead of being put somewhere you won't get smooshed, poked, or broken. :-)

You're still taking three naps through the day.  Your morning nap and one of your afternoon naps are around an hour long, and the other afternoon nap is usually around two hours long.  You're still nursing every 2 1/2 - 3 hours through the day and go for 5-7 hours at night.

We can't wait to see what you can do next month!  I won't be surprised if you are sitting and crawling, but whatever you learn, we'll have fun doing it!  Daddy and I love you, Boo!

1 comment:

  1. really!?!? thanks. i really appreciate any and all feedback. i'd really like this to be a business someday. we enjoy it but we really want to be good. you know not anything that's too expensive and someone that people really want to use and recommend to others. we'd love to do ya'll pix or trey's anytime. it'd be so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete