It's been fun watching Trey's personality developing, especially over the last few weeks. He's definitely developing preferences for certain things.
Swimming
The kid is a fish. He's been swimming twice now (not counting trying to swim in the bathtub) and absolutely loves it. We got to try out his floatie last week when we went swimming in Bella Vista and both really liked it!
He can still get to the water because of the mesh ring, and the shade was really nice. The entire time he's in the water, his legs never stop moving. If he's out of the floatie on his tummy, his gets his arms a goin' too. That's made bath time much more exciting for sure! We end up with water all over everyone and everything. :-)
Callie
The poor guy loves the kitty and grins every time he sees her, but she does not reciprocate. If she's desperate enough for attention or off her guard, we can lean him over close enough to touch her, but that doesn't happen too often. He's not fast or sneaky enough yet to get to her on his own, but that definitely doesn't keep him from trying!
Scooting
If he's in the floor, he's moving. I guess it's what you call an army crawl - he pulls himself with his arms and uses his feet (big toes, primarily) to push himself. He's pretty quick!
Mouths
For some reason, he loves sticking his fingers in our mouths, and he thinks the sound it makes when we pop our lips is hilarious. I think we can thank Lydia for that one. I had him giggling at Hobby Lobby the other day, and it was TOO cute!
Singing
I definitely don't consider myself to have singing talent, but that doesn't stop me from singing to Trey all the time. "If All the Raindrops Were Lemondrops or Gumdrops" (wow, that's a long title) is a big hit, probably because of the "ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah" part. He also really enjoys "Made" by Caleb Rowden. I sing that to him a lot if he gets upset at bedtime. Always gets a smile. He just enjoys music in general so we usually listen to our Pandora stations on the television or my phone while we play. And it's not singing, per se, but the "Pat a Cake" rhyme is funny to him too. Although I have to do it with a southern twang. I'm not even sure how that one got started!
Chewing
On anything. His "angry chew" cracks me up. His favorites are his blankie, of course, and his little stuffed toucan from his floor gym. And Daddy's finger.
Fake Coughing
This is a new development. If we fake cough, he starts coughing. He woke up a few nights ago and was wanting to talk and play, so I was sitting in the rocker while he did laps in his crib. I didn't even think about it and coughed and was immediately answered by his little fake cough from across the room. Oh my.
Daddy
The kid loves his dad. 'Nuff said.
Baby Gate
Ok, so this isn't his favorite for sure, but Mommy likes it a lot! Of course, it doesn't work if I leave the gate open, as I figured out today. Oops.


No comments:
Post a Comment