Saturday, September 3, 2011

Pullin' on up! (And an ouchie for Mom)

Well, we've hit another milestone...pulling up to a standing position!  Trey's been pulling up and wallowing all over anyone handy for the last week or so, but yesterday, he pulled himself up onto his feet.  First, he did it while he was playing with his grandad earlier in the afternoon, but when we got home, he pulled himself up on the ottoman.  I was on the computer and saw the top of his little head pop up, and pretty soon, he was standing!  I caught him on video today.  We emailed it to his daddy, and he was pretty impressed! :-)






We also tried some Strawberry Banana Gerber Puffs.  Not really a fan yet, and boy are those suckers sticky!  A little bit of baby drool on them, and it's as good as super glue!

It was actually our stop at the store for the puffs and a few other items that resulted in my injury.  After getting Trey out of the car, I shut the door behind my back, inadvertantly closing my thumb in the door.  Ouch.  After calling Mom and Steve to get some sympathy, I drove home and put some frozen corn on it.  I can't find an affirmative answer for whether or not I should try to drain under the nail, and since Steve isn't home and I can't bring myself to do it, I guess I'll just deal with the pain.  If I take ibuprofen, it's tolerable.  I do believe that the thumb will be nail-less before long.  I have no idea how long it will take to fall off, nor how long it will take to regrow.  Not very, I hope.



Trey's catching a quick power nap in his swing, so I guess I'll let him snooze for a bit longer before we head for his bath.  Here are a few pics from Thursday.  (He doesn't like the grass.)




No comments:

Post a Comment