I hear you rustling around in your crib on the monitor as I begin to write this, so I have the sneaking suspicion that I will be interrupted before I finish! It seems like I just finished your six month post, and here we are again. I'm not sure what your stats are this month since you don't have another monthly check up until nine months, but you're still in size 3 diapers and are wearing a variety of 6-12 month clothes. You're our little sasquatch baby because your feet are too long for your nine month footie jammies. Nice. :-)
You have slept all night a few times in the last few weeks, but the last few nights have been a little rough. You still wake up around 2:30 and then between 5 and 6 usually, but it's ok. Sleeping all night is definitely enjoyable for me, but I enjoy our middle of the night snuggle time. :-) Eventually you'll sleep all night on your own and won't need me anymore, so I will enjoy it while I can!
We've been doing a fruit with some oatmeal after your first morning nap and then a veggie in the afternoon. You have tried oatmeal, rice, apples, pears, peaches, bananas, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, mixed veggies, puffs, and crunchies (or whatever those things are called!). You haven't really disliked anything other than the bananas, and you really seem to like peaches and green beans. You don't like the puffs because they get stuck to the roof of your mouth and make you gag. The crunchies are a little better, but you still have a hard time with the texture. No rush though. :-)
You are on the go from sun up till sun down. If you are awake, you are moving. Callie is your favorite, but she doesn't let you anywhere close to her. You like to pull up on the ottomans and walk around them, and the last few days, you've had fun banging on them with a wooden spoon. Every few minutes, you crawl over to me and climb up on me for a quick hug, and then you're back off to play. I guess you're not technically "crawling" yet, but you can do it. It's just not as quick. :-) If you're on the tile or wood floor, you crawl so your belly isn't cold.
You are pretty noisy lately and growl a lot. Usually, you growl so much it makes you start coughing, but it's funny. You haven't figured out yet that getting all excited and growling at Callie is NOT the way to get close to her. :-)
We play peekaboo a lot lately, and it almost always makes you giggle. If I put your feet over my eyes, we get the double whammy of peekaboo and tickling, so that's always fun. You like to pull the books off of the shelves and eat them, and any paper you can find goes straight into your mouth. The exersaucer is your favorite big toy. I put you in it so I can get a shower, feed you, and clean the kitchen. We haven't used the Jumperoo or your swing lately because you really like to move around on the floor more than anything else.
You love, love, love to go out on walks, and with the beautiful weather, we've had lately, we've been going on morning and evening walks. If you're fussy, all I have to do is strap you into the stroller and head out the door. Mommy's friend Valerie has been going on lots of walks with us lately, so that's been fun. You enjoy being out and about, and although you don't love the carseat, you at least tolerate it. You're not fussy at all when we have to go out and run errands, but I try to plan them around your naps so that you're not hungry or tired while we're out.
Back from helping you get rid of a big burp and getting you back to sleep. :-) You really are the sweetest, happiest little guy and couldn't be an easier fella for new parents! I'm excited about all the things we get to do with you over the next few months...pumpkin patch, Halloween costume, meeting Santa, first Christmas and Thanksgiving...it'll be FUN! :-) We love you Boo Bear!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment