Trey has had quite the busy week, but as usual, has handled it all very well. Steve took Tuesday off work, so we headed to Tahlequah so that Trey could meet his great great grandma. She knew we were coming and was really excited about meeting Trey. He woke up when we took him out of his seat for her to hold and turned on the charm. :-) She held him for probably 20 minutes, getting several grins from him. It really is remarkable that Trey has two great great grandmas and that they are both pretty healthy and independent considering their ages! We visited for a little over an hour and thoroughly enjoyed the visit!
We grabbed a bite of lunch and then headed back home where Steve had time for a quick nap before we went to the bowling alley for Matt's surprise birthday party. Since Trey really needed a nap and I didn't want him getting shuffled around constantly, I decided not to bowl and just put him in the wrap. I wondered if I was crazy for hoping he would sleep at the bowling alley, but within minutes of being inside, he was zonked and slept for about 3 hours. Thankfully he seems to do well in the wrap when we're out and about! I think it will turn out to be one of my favorite pieces of baby gear!
Yesterday, we went to the Tulsa Zoo with Mom, Lydia, and Joey, and once again, Trey slept in the wrap the whole time. On our way there, we stopped at Arby's for lunch where I got to clean up a blowout diaper...front and back. Yuck. :-) I also bumped his carseat straps up to the next hole because he was getting too tall. It fits much better now. He slept through the whole zoo, only waking up as we were leaving. The poor guy got a bubble after we got back on the highway and cried harder than I've ever heard before. :-( Mom had to pull over on the shoulder so I could get him out and burp him, and things were fine again. I hate seeing him get upset and hurt. Breaks my heart! Thankfully he's not a fussy guy, so there's not much to worry about until he turns into an accident prone toddler. :-)
Today has been pretty laid back. We did run to Springdale to pick up our pictures, but Trey slept most of the time. On the way out of town, he was kind of fussy, having a hard time getting to sleep. I put my hand back to stroke his face, and he grabbed my hand and held his face up against it. He was asleep in minutes. When we got to Springdale and were waiting for the pictures, he woke up and started crying, so I put my hand back there...same results. Good thing to know! Fortunately he falls asleep fairly quickly so that I can get my arm back before it falls completely asleep.
I did discover a trick for getting him to sleep the other night purely by accident. He's still been having trouble getting to sleep at night. He falls asleep either during or after he nurses, but as soon as I lay him in his bassinet, he wakes up, eyes wide open, moving all over. Several times it was a few hours before I could get him to sleep again. Last night, I had put him in his napper on the pack 'n play, and within minutes, he was awake. I picked him up and sat on the bed, but he was flailing his arms and kicking his legs. It's like he's extremely tired but can't get his body to cooperate. I think swaddling might help except that he doesn't seem to like having his arms held down, and he gets SO hot. It may be something we try eventually, but anyway, I went to shift how I was sitting and briefly held him really tightly up against me, similar to how he must feel in the wrap. It was hilarious. It was like he melted. Instantly, he stopped fighting, held still, and closed his eyes. I rocked and patted him for about five more minutes and put him on his tummy in the bassinet, and he slept for four hours. Nice. :-) Last night, we tried the same thing...bingo! He didn't sleep as long, but it definitely helps in the getting him to sleep process! Especially as I get closer to going back to work, I really enjoy all the time I get to spend with him, even if it is the middle of night. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment