Thursday, March 10, 2011

Happy 3 Weeks!

I really do have intentions of writing more frequently, but it seems like I don't think about it until we're ready for another weekly post.  The last week has been fairly uneventful, but we have been out and about a little more.  On Sunday, we went to a hotel in Bentonville to visit with the Diazes and a few other families from CC.  It was nice to get to visit with them, and being around other people forces me to share Trey. :-)

Steve took Tuesday off, and we ran out to do a few things in town.  We didn't have a set schedule, but by the time Trey finished his morning nap, ate, and I got his things together, it was 12:30.  We ran to Pea Ridge first so that Trey could meet his Mammaw.  He didn't sleep the whole way over there, and even after we got there, he seemed a little out of sorts.  He didn't want to eat, and he didn't want to sleep.  We left and ran by Sonic for lunch, and Trey started crying, so we stopped in an empty parking lot so I could nurse him.  He finally ate a little and dozed off, so we headed to Sam's.  He was really good in Sam's (sleeping) until he had a dirty diaper and we got our first diaper change in a public bathroom.  I took him on out to the car and nursed him a little more, and then we headed over to the PD to see the family.  We didn't get home until after 6, and Trey slept all evening.  The poor guy was worn out!

We've been a lot more productive today, and it feels pretty nice!  I worked in the bedroom for quite a while and packed up my maternity and winter clothes and got out my skirts and capris.  Hopefully we won't have another big snow!  I don't go back to work until mid-April though, so surely it will be decent by then.  While I'm here at home, I'm pretty much living in sweats and tshirts. :-)  Trey has napped really well today though, so that's made it much easier to get things done.

Let's see...a few things we're learning/noticing about Trey:
  • If you lay him down while he's napping, he prefers to lay on his tummy.  At night he sleeps on his back in the pack 'n play napper, but if I'm able to watch him while he naps through the day, I put him on his belly.
  • He sort of likes his pacifier.  It works really well when we go out and he's trying to sleep in the car.  He also seems to doze off better with it, but a lot of times, he'll spit it out and not want it back.
  • He seems pretty hot natured and gets sweaty and warm pretty easily.  If it's not too chilly, I put him in short sleeve onesies with pants, and that seems to help.
  • He has a pretty consistent schedule of eat, sleep, stir around trying to poop, sleep, poop dance with cheerio face, fresh diaper.  Repeat.  Sometimes he stays awake for a little while after he eats, but it just depends.  After his long nap this morning, he stayed awake a little longer after he ate.
  • When he stirs around in his sleep, he sometimes makes wimpering or laughing sounds.  He also moves his fist like the sign language for "yes."
  • When he nurses, he usually takes his outside hand and puts it on my chest or holds on to my shirt or tank top with it.
  • You can tell when he is ready to eat because he starts chewing on his fist.  Until he starts doing that, he typically won't eat.
  • He nurses for about 15 minutes on one side usually.
  • He usually sleeps for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours at a time.
Here's this week's pictures!





















(I love this last one because he's holding on to my shirt.) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment