Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy Birthday, Baby!

One month ago, I was one tired momma who was ready to go home from the hospital!  It's hard to believe it's been a whole month, but at the same time, it seems like we've had our little man forever.  It's been a wonderful month full of new things!

Trey's been staying awake more lately, but it seems to be after his evening nap that he decides to stay up!  The night before last, it took three times of rocking him to sleep and laying him down before he stayed asleep.  Even after I've held him for a while, his sleep is just still really light...eyes moving, "talking," wiggling around.  He seems to be sleeping for shorter intervals and eating more frequently, so maybe it's just a growth spurt?  I tried last night to let him sleep on his tummy on the bassinet part of the pack 'n play, and he seemed to sleep better.  I know they say not to let them sleep on their tummies, but he definitely prefers it, his neck muscles are pretty strong, and the bassinet pad isn't very thick.  I covered him with one of his light muslin blankets, so I wasn't worried about letting him sleep on his belly.  I figure it's no more of a threat than him sleeping on his back and choking on his spit up like he's done a few times.  Here's an example of him sleeping as I type:


It's hard to tell in the picture, but he's almost falling off sideways because he's so scrunched up.  He wiggles down that way though, so it seems to be what he likes, silly guy. :-)  It's almost like a flashback to this:


Trey apparently doesn't realize that today is a special day, or maybe he does, because all he's done today is sleep, sleep, sleep!  I worked in his room while he napped in his crib earlier this morning, and when he woke up, we had to try on his shades.



We tried to take a few pics of him earlier today, but it was pretty windy and bright.  He was dozing and didn't seem to mind the sun too much, but he really didn't like the breeze.  I got some pictures by the tree, but the way I had him sitting, there was quite a shadow cast on his face.  We got a few more cute ones on the porch though before he let me know that he was ready to go back inside to eat.





We went for a bit of a walk this afternoon, but it was still pretty windy, so we didn't stay out for long.  Even with the breeze and barking dogs at every other house we walked by, Trey got in a good nap.  It was a very nice way to celebrate our special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment