Wednesday, March 30, 2011

6 Weeks!

As I wrote out the title of this post, I had a flashback to my weekly pregnancy posts.  At least I'm doing a better job at getting these up!  At least I can enjoy a bit longer of thinking of our life in terms of weeks before it transitions to months and years.

We've had a good week, although fairly uneventful.  Trey did go to church for the first time on Sunday, but of course we were late. :-)  I had put him in his seat while I got dressed, and when I came back into the living room, he had woken up and was crying.  Time to eat!  While I was nursing him, he peed, soaking both his clothes and mine.  After wardrobe changes, we headed to church.  He stayed in the wrap most of the time and slept through church and lunch afterwards.  He didn't get to socialize much because this momma doesn't like her boy's naps interrupted!  Makes for a cranky baby (and tired momma) later on!  At this point, it's probably better germ-wise, and since his schedule is still heavy on the sleeping and eating, there are limited opportunities for socializing anyway.

The last few days have been pretty lazy at home.  Trey's been having some tummy trouble that's had him a little out of sorts.  He wouldn't sleep for more than 15 - 30 minutes at a time, and I couldn't lay him down without him waking up.  Thankfully that's better today.  He's taken two nice, long naps on his own, letting me get a shower and do some laundry.  He had also been spitting up after almost every feeding and during naps, but that's also tapered off quite a bit today.  I've had to sleep on the couch with him the last two nights, but hopefully we can go back to the bed and pack 'n play tonight.  Although, he did sleep on me from 12:30 to 6:00 this morning.  That's the longest stretch of sleep I've had since February 15!  I'm not planning on it happening again soon because he still needs to eat more frequently than that.  I think he was just worn out from not getting good sleep the last few days.

Let's see what's going on this week:
  • Trey still doesn't like the binky much and is still sucking on his fist.
  • He goes to sleep between 11 and 12 at night and wakes up about every 3 1/2 hours.
  • He's been wearing size 1 diapers for the last several weeks.
  • When he's tired, he puts his fists up under his chin.
  • If he's upset, he'll calm down when I put him on his changing pad to get him a fresh diaper.
  • He enjoys sitting in his bouncy seat in the kitchen while I fix dinner.
  • I can count on a big grin when he sees me after he wakes up. :-)
And of course, here are this week's pictures!  I hadn't taken one yet today, so I snapped one of him napping beside me on the couch. :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment